Drawings from Photos
Transform Your Favourite Photos into Personal Pencil Portrait Drawings from Photos
To begin with, I would like to thank you for coming to look at my art. I am Mike, a self-taught pencil artist with decades of experience producing hand-drawn portraits from photos. Exquisite, meaningful works of art drawn with nothing more than my drawing pad and trusty studio pencil.
There is nothing I love more than transforming my clients’ meaningful photographs into pencil portraits from photos that capture the unique features of the subject. We live in an age where we can create beautiful digital pictures in just one click. If you seek something a little more creative, personal, and memorable, I can provide the perfect photorealistic drawings from photos that capture the subjects’ likeness, mood, and personality.
The photograph(s) you send to me should be clear and sharp. It is essential to understand that the photo’s quality and clarity will favour the ultimate detail I can achieve; therefore, a bright and focused picture will allow me to create realistic drawings from photos.
Having drawn hundreds of drawings from photos for my customers in the United Kingdom and worldwide, I can generously lend my creative hand to any person, animal, vehicle, buildings or landscape that undoubtedly means something to you or a loved one. Many people worldwide place orders with me as gifts for loved ones. I would be glad to draw a unique sketch to serve as a memorable art gift for Christmas, Birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Anniversaries, Weddings, Mother’s Day, or Father’s Day.
I can also draw a family portrait from individual photos onto a size A4 or A3 drawing pad.
Why Choose Me?
There are many talented portrait artists in the UK. Still, I know exactly how important it is to discover the appropriate artist – one who can accurately deliver the exact style you are after.
I have consistently maintained a passion for drawing, and it was a hobby that gradually developed into my fulltime profession. Over the formative years, I have sharpened my creative skills and now specialise in drawing from countless photos.
The best way to get a taste of my approach is to view some of my recent works of art in my gallery, but here are just a few of the reasons why many people put their faith in me for their photorealistic pencil drawings:
- Self-taught and trusted by satisfied clients throughout the world, with plenty of kind messages and 5-star reviews from happy customers on Google and my official website.
- I have been specialising in monochromatic, realistic drawings and sketches for successful decades.
- No person, animal or structure is off limits, yet a high-resolution image is always a good starting point.
- Transparent and competitive tiered pricing.
- Payments made swiftly and securely online.
- I can carefully draw from separate photos to painstakingly create a family or group portrait.
- MCB Pencil Portraits is UK based and quick to respond positively to direct messages.
- Overseas orders are welcome.
My Approach to Drawing from Photographs
The photograph(s) you send to me should be clear and sharp. It is essential to understand that the photo’s quality and clarity will favour the ultimate detail I can achieve; therefore, a bright and focused picture will allow me to create a realistic pencil drawing.
I can only draw what I reasonably see, so if the specific details are blurry or of inferior quality, the pencil drawing is likely to reflect this undoubtedly – so you can understand why high-resolution photos are preferable. The higher, the better!
My Style is naturally to draw precisely what I see in the photograph and typically exclude the background from the specific subject – unless you have expressly requested me to include the backdrop. The desired result is a photorealistic drawing that accurately captures the specific subjects’ likeness, character, and mood.
As standard, I supply my pencil portraits unframed, but I am more than happy to advise the possible types of frames suitable. If you would prefer me to frame your pencil portrait, I can provide this service from an online source, saving you the time and hassle of providing the exact fit yourself.
If you would like to upgrade your order to include a frame, the pencil portrait will be delivered neatly inserted into the preferred frame and carefully wrapped for ultimate protection. Please consider a selection of frames available in various colours.
A Simple 3 Step Process for Drawings from Photos
- First, complete my order form, upload your unique photo(s) and promptly pay a 20% deposit. I will carefully check the photo(s) for essential quality and email you to confirm your order’s receipt and summary on receipt of the order form.
- When I complete the pencil portrait drawing, I will promptly issue an email with an image for you to review and approve. If you accept, a link within the email will request the remaining 80% balance paid via PayPal.
- Finally, when I receive confirmation of balancing payment from PayPal, I will carefully insert into a padded envelope and ship via Royal Mail or Royal Mail International. Additionally, it will take between 1 to 8 weeks to complete drawings from photos depending on size and workload at the time. I will equally consider the date pencil portrait(s) is required.
Photograph considerations for MCB Pencil Portraits
If you are taking a photo, please use a capable camera or the latest phone/tablet cameras.
Photos captured outside in daylight are preferable, close to your subject and at eye level. I can also bring people or pets from separate images and combine them to create a group or family portrait.
I spray gloss varnish on the drawings from photos, which forms a colourless glass clear coating to prevent smearing and smudging.
Mike has done two portraits for me, both gifts for special birthdays. The recipients were delighted with both and so was I. He isn’t just accurate he manages to capture something of the soul and the spirit in the photos you send him. A pleasure to work with.
Very professional and friendly! Highly recommended.